skip to main content

Opportunities within Children's Services

Children’s Services is organised by area, function and specialism. You’ll find our offices in Liskeard, Bodmin, St Austell, Camborne and Penzance.

We have opportunities for passionate, committed Social Workers and Advanced Practitioners in our multi-disciplinary teams across Cornwall in both full and part time roles.

These include:

  • Family Assessment and Support (FAS) Teams

  • Child Protection Teams

  • Disabled Children & Therapy Service

  • Our Multi Agency Referral Unit (MARU)

  • Specialist Social Work roles including Gweres Kernow, working with children with Harmful Sexual Behaviour, 16 +, Fostering and Adoption, and preventative teams.

We’ll help you progress in your career, reward you for your commitment, and provide career options and pay to match your expertise. We’ll support you as you progress, and actively encourage the best practitioners to remain in front line practice. For this reason, we offer the same salary to Advanced Practitioners as we do to frontline managers.

In recognition of the vital contribution you make, we offer the following benefits outside of our core benefits:

  • We offer a Welcome Payment of £4,000 for qualified social workers who have completed their ASYE and are new to social work in Cornwall Council. This is paid upon successful completion of probation period.

  • An individualised induction to meet your specific needs and learning.

  • An excellent core curriculum to support your ongoing development with a high-quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice.

  • An outstanding career and qualification pathway, recognised by Ofsted as a foundation of Cornwall’s good practice, which will support your progression.

  • Support from our dedicated Practice Educators throughout your progression pathway.

  • Regular, high quality case and reflective supervision.

  • Supportive management and leadership.

  • Support to access temporary accommodation if moving from outside of Cornwall.

  • A license to access Community Care Inform and Research in Practice.

  • Payment of your Social Work England registration fees.

  • Sponsorship for eligible overseas social work applicants.